African Region Dairy Industry Outlook Publication Discussion and Write-shop in Naivasha, Kenya.
This event will involve a meaningful discussion and write shop championed by the AU-IBAR and the East African Regional Diary Industry Stakeholders under the East African Region Dairy Sector Value Chain Development Programme. The write-shop on the Inaugural East African Region Dairy Industry Outlook Publication aims to develop and come up with a periodic regional dairy industry outlook. The publication will, among other things, produce and share critical insights into trends and development in the East African Region Dairy Industry, based on in-depth analysis of publicly and industry available data in the last five years or so. The publication will equally bring out the dairy industry’s structural or policy challenges and investment opportunities embedded along the regional dairy value chain.
The outcomes of this write-shop will be:
• A Zero Draft of the East African Region Dairy Industry Outlook Publication
• A Roadmap towards implementing and producing the first East African Region Dairy Industry Outlook Publication
• An Editorial Committee of the East African Region Dairy Industry Outlook Publication with their Terms of Reference
• Identified writers and contributors to the East African Region Dairy Industry Outlook Publication content and materials.
• The East African Region Dairy Industry Outlook Publication’s Marketing and Communication Committee with their respective Terms of Reference as envisaged.
This activity falls under the Pan-African Support to the AU-IBAR for a Sustainable Development of Livestock for Livelihoods in Africa (Live2Africa Project) and is funded by the European Union.